The Long And Winding Road....

Almost two weeks in and I am slowly finding my feet in my new job....

The team is friendly and approachable, I am slowly getting used to my new boss and I have yet to see my colleague eat any lunch. And the workload is a fair size, but manageable....

I think our team has had a fair bit of extra work foisted on it because my colleague is a really good problem-solver, especially with IT equipment. So I am getting roped into setting up web conferences and meeting rooms for presentations and other stuff like that. Quite different to what I am used to but nevertheless enjoyable, and it is also getting me closer to the key people within the team.

I have already been given a host of project work to do, and have already produced two reports inside a week. One of them is to reorganise the hard copy archive store, which at the moment has a rather idiosyncratic look to it, and another is to create some 'grab and go' guides to help people find the information they need within the DMS.

I have spent most of the last two days compiling a 14-page report on the suitability of a current system to help populate an archive system that our department needs to have in order to centralise electronic archive material. This has meant systematically going through each display page and analysing each field, the data within, and whether the fields are mandatory, populated from pick lists, etc. Sounds tedious but this is just the sort of work that I love. My previous database and DMS experience is starting to come to the fore, and as I have mentioned before I am the only member of the team with information management experience.

Certainly lots of reasons to be cheerful in my work.....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire